Name of Course
Level 1 Award (equivalent to ½ GCSE grade 1-3)
Level 1 Certificate (equivalent to 1 GCSE grade 1-3)
Outline of Course
BTECs are vocational related qualifications, where learners develop knowledge and understanding in a work-related context. Learners need to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop skills that are essential for the modern-day workplace. These skills include: team working; working from a prescribed brief; working to deadlines; presenting information effectively; and accurately completing administrative tasks and processes.
How it’s taught
There is no exam!
There are 4 units, which are internally assessed and externally moderated:
1. Unit 4 Taking Part in Sport
2. Unit 10 Taking part in exercise and fitness
3. Unit 11 How the body works
4. Unit 12 Planning own Fitness Programme
The work is either completed through written assignments or practical. This course is aimed at providing skills that can be used in the modern work place.
1. Other level 1 qualifications
2. Level 2 BTEC’s
3. Junior roles in the health and fitness industry.