Name of Course
Physical Education KS3
Outline of Course
Physical Education is a compulsory course for all students in Years 7 – 11 in line with the National Curriculum. Physical education enables students to become confident, connected, actively involved and lifelong learners.
Our aim is promote the benefits of daily physical activity with a goal to establish a life-long passion for a healthy and active lifestyle.
We offer students a wide array of sports on and off-site, all lead by fully qualified members of staff / instructors
What skills can I gain from studying PE?
- Build on the skills and knowledge of physical activity experienced in earlier years.
- Gain experiences and confidence to take part in physical activity after they leave school.
- Active participation highlighting safe participation, the contribution made to a healthy lifestyle and leisure interests.
- Energises students.
- Develops teamwork, leadership and interpersonal skills, decision making and builds confidence.
How it’s taught
- Class size groups
- Whole school groups
- Table Tennis
- Racket ball
- Lawn Bowls
- Mountain Biking
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Outdoor Adventurous Activities
Facilities used for participation:
Meadowside Leisure Centre
Shobnall Leisure Centre
Beyond Black Belt (Mixed Martial Arts)
Fundamental Fitness (Circuit Training / Fitness)
Burton Bridge Archers (Archery)
Wirksworth Leisure Centre
Gailey Lea (Sailing)
Newton Road recreation ground
Inter PRU Sports Competitions in:
Sporting Visits arranged:
Yonex All England Badminton at the NIA Birmingham
Aegon Womens Tennis at Edgbaston Priory